Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Her Smile Isn't the Only Thing Infectious...

I am happy to report that Elena is over her stomach flu bug. I am also happy to report that the same bug is done being passed around the house. That's right, we all got it.

By Thursday night, it was obvious that I was coming down with the flu. My dear baby was very considerate and slept through most of the night, so I was not up and down with her through my nighttime shift, and was able to get a little sleep.

By noon on Friday, Ray was clearly the next victim. Luckily, we had already made arrangements to visit his parents in Troy for the weekend, and they welcomed us with open arms, despite our germs.

Ray's dad did baby duty all Friday and Saturday night, giving Ray and I two solid nights of sleep, something we have not had since Elena was born. It was heaven!!

Unfortunately, the germs didn't stop their momentum. By Sunday morning, Ray's mom had the bug. This is a tenacious illness, but we are all feeling better now!!

On a lighter note, unless some other crazy thing happens in the interim, we will be homeowners by the end of February. We won the auction for the house we wanted. Yay!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Congradulations on the house!

GreggR said...

This is Aunt MJ under the guise of Unc Gregg.....Yeah...healthy again AND soon to be homeowners! Your house looks really cute. We need more photos of Elena!!!!!!

Nico said...

Wow! This is all a little too familiar. Yuck! Just when I thought I'd blocked it out permanently I was reminded by reading your entry. Poor babies, all of you. How crappy.

Thanks for stopping by to leave me a comment. Hope reading about someone else who went through the same thing and came out a winner helped.

:)

Nico said...

You know what, I just revisted my own blog entry on this same subject and finally (FINALLY!) after this long I am able to laugh about it. God. How miserable.

But now it's spring, the sun is shining and we can go without coats or winter flu bugs.

Hope this finds you and yours well.