Sunday, June 03, 2007

I'm now beginning week 15 of pregnancy. So far, a fun, if not completely nauseous experience. I have not been lucky enough to have that experience that so many women have told me about. "My morning sickness was so bad on Friday, and then by Monday I felt great!!" Uh, no. That has not happened. I still feel like I got hit by a bus most days, but it's all for a good cause!! I have resigned myself to the fact that I may be sick for awhile. I just found out that my mom had morning sickness for the first 4-5 months of each of her pregnancies. Is that genetic?!?!?!

I am VERY lucky, though. I am married to super-husband, who has been taking VERY good care of me through my lazy/nauseous phase. I suspect super-husband will make a nice transition to super-dad.

At my appointment last month, we heard the baby's heartbeat. It sounded like a steam engine in the distance. A kind of fast shh-shh-shh-shh sound. Really cool. It took a bit to find it cuz mommy has a lot of, um, mass in her belly area to try to hear through.

Slowly but surely we are beginning to amass baby stuff. We got a call yesterday from my in-laws that they bought a great crib/changing table set for us at a garage sale, so I'm pretty excited about that. I suppose we should begin thinking about getting a registry together, as several people have begun asking about it. We have started touring daycare centers as well. I figure, it's probably best to get on a waiting list once we find one that we like and can afford.

Also, we WILL start doing belly shots soon. I promise!!

My next appointment is later this week, so I'll try to do an update soon after. Not sure if there will be anything new and exciting this week, but, hey, isn't it all new and exciting?!

1 comment:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Yes, it is all new and exciting! Thanks for posting, I was wondering how you were doing. Did you hear your next second cousin is a girl!?! So no matter if your bun is a boy or girl, he/she will have a playmate in the family of the same sex.
Love,
Em