Monday, July 31, 2006

Hotter'n Hades

It's very hot. I went outside for about 10 minutes today and my skin turned red and tingle-ly. I took it as a bad sign and went back in. You know it's hot when a dip in the pool that you would usually classify as "freezing" sounds like an endeavor that would just be too hot.

Actually, I think it has cooled down to a mellow 85 degrees now, but I'm still staying inside, enjoying the air. Now that I'm a grown-up, working 8-5 in a nice air-conditioned office, I've become a bit of a sissy when it comes to summer weather. Don't get me wrong, I can still appreciate the beautiful of a sunny, 95 degree August day, but it looks so much prettier, when I, myself, am a cool 75 degrees.

So, to keep cool, I'm going to do as many low-impact chores as possible tonight. You, know, bills, watching TV...um, giving myself a pedicure. OK, so maybe the heat has sapped a bit of my energy, but they don't call them the "lazy days of summer" for nothin'.

1 comment:

hernan43 said...

The heat wave is sweeping across the nation like a uh train station.