Saturday, September 17, 2011

Market Day

Today Kiki and I took a trip to one of the local Farmer's markets for a cider and donuts breakfast and a little shopping.  We got a bang for our buck and came home with lots of produce, a beautiful bouquet selected by my little helper and a bag of fresh popped kettle corn for Daddy (also selected by said helper).

During the summer, I had saved an article from the paper that had several corn recipes.  I got to work an made a few today.  The "Smokey Jalapeno Corn Dip" turned out great and was a great distraction as I watched the MSU/ND game.

I also made "Summer Corn Cakes with Tomato and Avocado Salsa" for dinner (see picture below).  The corn, jalapenos, cilantro and tomatoes for this recipe all came from the market.  The scallions, basil and eggs came from our own backyard.  It was pretty good, too!


No comments: