Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Podcast Mania

I have just rediscovered my love of Podcasts. Back 6 or so months ago I was totally into listening to a few Podcasts. Especially Diggnation. Then I drifted away for one reason or another.

Now I have a new job where I can listen to music or whatever during the day. I got a bit tired of music all day, so I thought to myself, "Hmm, perhaps I should load a Podcast or two, just to break up the monotony." So, I did. And then I loaded some more. My husband also suggested a few. Then I decided to check back in with Diggnation, my old favorite. Basically, podcasts all day.

Then, as I listened throughout the day, I started writing down things that I wanted to look up, or check out, or whatever, when I got home. Listening to Diggnation also brought me to the realization that the Ctl+Alt+Chicken concept that was just a gleam in Alex Albrecht's eye was a now a reality. So now, as I surf the web at night, looking up all those things that peaked my curiosity throughout the day, I learn how to "cook" with Alex and Heather. I am obsessed!!! I figure that, as long as I don't start resorting to IM to communicate with my husband, I'm still not too foregone.

I did have to reel it in a bit at work. I was laughing so hard listening to Diggnation, I was starting to sound a bit loony (headphones+ me laughing uncontrollably= no one else knows why I'm laughing= Sarah looks insane).

But on the bright side, my new web-based addiction has brought my blog back to the forefront of my mind. So, I've got that going for me.

Any how, here are some of my favorites:

Ctl+Alt+Chicken
Diggnation
TWIT
Net@Nite
Security Now
Windows Weekly

No comments: