Thursday, February 28, 2008

I have but a moment...

It's 5:48 am on Thursday morning. All is quiet for the moment, but I hear Kiki stirring over the monitor. I have been up for an hour, am eating Crispix and taking a minute to read the news.

Our days have been hectic lately. As you may imagine, we've been busy with the house. Ray and I take turns running to do a little of this and that. We can't really take the baby over yet. She gets too bored and probably shouldn't be exposed to the paint and cleaning products (in the hectic life of a new mommy, I've given her VERY LITTLE exposure to cleaning products thus far.) Hopefully this weekend we will be able to complete most of the remaining repairs and updates necessary. (Come one, come all, who wish to lend a hand!!)

Things are really busy at work as well. Still trying to get caught up from when I was on leave. Long/early days this week and next. Ray's car has been in the shop, so Kiki and I have been dropping him off on our way to work/school. Kiki is usually first to arrive at school each morning. I can usually get the best spot in the parking lot.

Kiki is growing fast. For those that were wondering how it would pan out, her eyes are beginning to turn a dark brown, just like her dad's. She discovered her hand last week, and often looks to be acid tripping as she ponders the meaning of it all. She has also learned to scoot. Although she isn't really doing it during floor play yet, she moves around her crib like crazy. Imagine my surprise when I put her to bed with her head on one end of the bed, and got her up the next morning with her completely turned the other direction!!

There is the 6:00 alarm. There is a baby to dressed, a husband to be awakened, bags to be packed, bottles to be fed. But this was a great morning moment for me!!

No comments: