Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Slo-o-o-o-w Going

I went for a Dr. appointment this afternoon. I did not get the news that Ray and I were hoping for. Essentially, things have not really progressed at all this week. I am not even far enough along to be induced. Boo!!!!!

Since I am currently 40 and 2/7 (that is medical jargon for "Come on already, Elena!!) I will start going to the doctor twice a week.
My next appointment is Friday. I will sit on the fetal monitor for 30 minutes, have an ultrasound, and meet with the doctor. Same drill two days next week. If nothing has happened by next Friday, then we'll take some next steps.

Unfortunately, the longer Elena puts off birth, the more likely it is that we will have to go the route of a C-section. Elena's going to keep growing whether she is in or out. And as the doctor put it, "You can't really naturally give birth to a ginormous baby when she's got part of her belly sticking out." Poignent, and not what I wanted to hear.

With any luck, I will suddenly progress quickly and the next thing you know, we'll have baby Elena here. Everyone keep your fingers crossed and think labor related thoughts!!

2 comments:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

It could be any moment!! Sit on an excercise ball, have sex or something like it (haha), walk a lot. Hang in there!

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

I heard the wonderful news! Congratulations on the birth of Elena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Did my tricks work?