Monday, September 03, 2007

A Day at the Fair

In our annual tradition, we went to the Michigan State Fair yesterday to see all that Michigan agriculture has to offer. It was a bit of a mixed bag. There seemed to be less agricultural displays and more sponsorship displays. It seemed a bit weird that the "Miracle of Life" display, formerly housed in a tent in the center of the fair, was tucked in a side building behind several rows of Chevy cars and trucks.

One thing that we had never done before was go to see the Anastasini Circus performance. It was pretty good. It was your typical, predictable circus stuff, but isn't that what makes the circus so great!?!

We only caught a bit of the pig races, which was OK with me. The group that put on the races really need to get a new show!! Another old standby that I love, even though the program never changes, is the lumberjack show. I love to watch them demonstrate with their saws, and also have log rolling contests. Being a lumberjack must be a really hard job!!

2 comments:

GreggR said...

I'm suddenly inspired to sing the Monty Python classic, "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK...." but at the risk of making Jill sicky, I won't! Glad you guys had fun and how much more fun you'll have next year, taking Elena!
Love to you all,

Aunt MJ

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Ohmygosh, I just realized my blog post yesterday copied your blog post title. Sorry about that. :) How are you?